Part II in the series; Part I here.
Civil Defense Organization – Engineers
* By far the largest and most general of the three branches; “engineers” chosen as a generic term for the types of tasks to be handled by this cohort.
* On the scene (Ground Zero) of the incident.
* Has the most contact with the public.
* Members must be physically and mentally fit enough to carry out the tasks assigned to them.
* Because of the close contact in chaotic circumstances, strict integrity and background standards are required of this group. The possession of a CCW permit is the minimum standard as all of these individuals have been vetted by their local sheriff who has used state and FBI databases to ensure that the individuals have no serious prior criminal record.
* Works closely with local authorities, particularly the fire/rescue departments and local Red Cross…
View original post 202 more words