Ok, first things first, the Pros:
- They look cooler than shit.
- Big CDI (Chicks Dig It) factor here.
- They’re also great when you’re standing still.
- If you’re a team member dropped from a vehicle into a CQB scenario, they’re fine for backing up your PDC (Personal Defense Carbine).
That’s about where the benefits end.
- Even with double anchors, they have a tendency to creep as far as possible toward the front of your body when crawling. Single anchors? It’s going to be in your groin or between your thighs. Even when you crank the horizontal retention straps down tight. They slip.
- If you’re crawling in any sort of wet terrain, you’re going to have mud on your rear sights and the back of the slide. This photo is relatively clean.
- When on long walks (aka, ‘patrols’), your legs are not going to appreciate the additional stress of lifting that…
View original post 268 more words