Here’s some of the lessons from this piece:
1) National elections are a scam.
2) Presidential elections especially are a scam, as there will be “professionals” who see their duty not to the elected POTUS, but to the larger zeitgeist.
3) The honorable option of resigning rather than being part of a policy against one’s mores is extinct.
4) The professional public servant is immune from electoral processes for the most part, and each of them know it.
5) The whole drama associated with this article could be a cute Red “drop” in response to the “Q” tailchase.
5) There is no voting your way out of this.