Be honest, do you really know how to use all of that equipment and gear you have stored for emergencies, disasters or “grid-down”?
That’s OK if you don’t. At least you have the “stuff’ going into the calamity. I just hope you don’t have a whole lot of very cool gear but very little food. What I would suggest is:
- Identify the “events” for which you wish to be prepared for.
- Set realistic priorities for your prepper budget dollars to meet the events identified in #1 above.
- Make sure you have training on how to use the gear you have. Then periodically review and test those acquired skills.
- Maybe annually review where you are in your prepping and fill in the gaps in both gear and training.
- And remember that for virtually all disasters, emergencies and especially during a “grid-down” you will face the same basic survival needs –
View original post 110 more words