I’m following this Equality Act legislation as it moves through the House of Representatives. The bill would prohibit individuals and businesses from discriminating by sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI). These SOGI laws already exist at the state level, in places where Christians are being sued and coerced to affirm and celebrate gay rights.
Here is a good article from The Stream, explaining 7 ways that the law would affect you:
- It would penalize Americans who don’t affirm new sexual norms or gender ideology.
- It would compel speech.
- It could shut down charities.
- It would allow more biological males to defeat girls in sports.
- It could be used to coerce medical professionals.
- It could lead to more parents losing custody of their children.
- It would enable sexual assault.
Let’s take a quick look at some examples of these changes already in progress.
View original post 629 more words