A classic from 2009 at the old place.
Now more than ever, this excerpt applies:
No, I am not suggesting you go out and buy some fancy-pants $5000 dedicated rig for exclusively F-class shooting.
What I am suggesting is
1) A lot of readers have sub-MOA .308 bolties with decent glass.
2) With a 175 SMK (factory match or handload), your rifle and round can get to 1000 yards and be on paper.
3) The bags and tripods acceptable under the rules mean that you too can get out to 1000 yards.
4) These matches and sighter days are already being run around the country, so that all you have to do is show up with your gear and match fee, sign up and pay up, and start shooting.
5) In light of 1-4, why not root around and see if there is an F-class clinic/sight-in/match near you?
View original post 56 more words