The following is a guest post by a friend of mine who is also a software engineer, but a different one than last time.
The Problems with Black Lives Matter
All over Facebook I’ve seen naïve Christians posting Black Lives Matter (BLM) material, hashtags, and even donation links. According to their official statements BLM aims to:
- “Disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure”
- Foster a “queer‐affirming network” and “freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking,” instead of helping people escape LGBT lifestyles and live as God intended.
- “A national defunding of police,” BLM is a member of M4BL which also calls for abolishing prisons.
- BLM parent group M4BL is pro-abortion: “we demand reproductive justice that gives us autonomy over our bodies and our identities.”
- BLM parent group M4BL is anti-capitalist. The alternative to capitalism is removing the freedom to buy and sell and putting the…
View original post 1,920 more words