Once you tag your first Commie, you ain’t going home until after the victory parade. Plan accordingly, including planned efforts and targets of opportunity.
42 thoughts on “RIP”
- Jaysays:Damn!! And the hits keep coming.Reply
- Wirecuttersays:Sad news.Reply
- Ericsays:Farewell Remus.Reply
- tfA-tsays:BOOMERS! are dropping like fliestfA-t will only gain MOAR $ as his elderly benefactors expireBIGGER boats and younger girls 🙂poverty $uck$Reply
- Philsays:We just lost a national treasure.
Sounds to me like he toughed it out to the very end too.
God Speed sir, you are already missed.Reply
- WIHuntersays:Rest In Peace…thanks for blessing us with your wisdom and literary skills.Reply
- Charley Waitesays:So is this for real or urban legend via anon posting? DamnReply
- Tom W.says:It happens in threes. Hope Remus gets with Charlie Daniels and can enjoy some time. Go rest high.Reply
- tfA-tsays:do you actually believe people get together after death?mebbe play cards and shoot the shit?just wowtfA-t has no other wordsthis is a prime example of (((brainwashing))) and projectingReply
- Moggysays:To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. – Thomas CampbellReply
- Grandpasays:Damn. Just, damn. A true light has passed. Don’t make many – if any – of the like; anymore. Godspeed, Ol’ Remus. And thanks.Reply
- Ravensays:Damn.‘The ultimate secret of life is the sure knowledge of death. For without it man would not strive to leave his mark upon the earth.’Reply
- 15Fixersays:RIP…. you will be missed.Reply
- Berglandersays:Godspeed, Ol’ Remus.Reply
- Novaksays:I am grateful that he shared his thoughtful and remarkable mind with us. He will be missed.Reply
- Tactless Wookiesays:My soul cries.God bless you Remus. Your whit and word will be sorely missed.Reply
- chucksays:I’m deeply saddened to hear this.
I highly respected his writing and views.
I was curious about his perspective on things as they played out and now…..
He will be missed.Reply
- jptsays:Damn it all. Requiem Aeternam Dona Eis Domine. May you and you wife rest in peace together. I don’ t think this bottle of John Powers will see the morning.
We will never see the likes of you again.Reply
- Gatorsays:So long, old friend. I never knew you but sure felt like I did. Hard to know what to feel – much of what he said years ago is coming to fruition. Would he feel happy knowing he was right? Most likely he’d have rather been wrong. But he wasn’t.‘Miles to go before I sleep’He’s travelled his miles, that’s for sure.Reply
- Uncle Bobedysays:Rest peacefully with your beloved wife, Remus. You saved me from Democrat stupidity and blindness, I cannot repay you for what you did for everyone. Thank you always.Reply
- Karlsays:Thanks WRSA for passing on the news. Worst fears. Remus was the best. He leaves a hole in the Internet no mortal man will ever fill.I traded email with him a few times over the years. I would always offer to send him one of my Commie Obama ushanka hats, which he would always turn down. Our last email exhange, in July 2018, I asked him about his military service. I suspected Navy as I kept reading things in his posts that sounded similar to things I would hear from my Navy son. His reply:“Yes, ex-Navy. I got out just prior to the Cuban Missile Crisis and was certain I’d be recalled. Amphibious attack ship. Noisy, dangerous work my friend, even when all the ordnance is outgoing.Can’t resist telling you my ushanka is top quality, genuine rabbit fur.”Reply
- mtnforgesays:Godspeed Remus
- Roostersays:RIP my friend. The Lord will enjoy your company. I sure did!RReply
- Mike in Canadasays:I, too, had feared the worst when the silence lengthened and the weeks elapsed after 09 JUN 20. Hope, as always, is to be treasured, but I knew. I knew.This is very sad. I know that everything happens for a reason, and that there are no accidents, but damn, I am really having difficulty seeing the brighter side of this event.Perhaps the gent had already served his time in hell, had offered his warnings, and felt that enough was, indeed, enough…Reply
- Jamessays:Mike,I guess the only two brighter sides are Remus has a well earned rest with his life,and,the knowledge he passed on to all of us will not die and we are better people for that knowledge(and humor!).Reply
- Matt Brackensays:He did his very best to get us ready for the struggle ahead.He’s already being missed.Reply
- Douglassays:I think the loss of his wife was just too much for him. I so enjoyed my Tuesday morning trip to the woodpile. You will be greatly missed.Reply
- Tom762says:Stay away from crowds.Goodbye old friend.Reply
- idahobobsays:He will be sorely missed. His web site was a gem.Reply
- DTGsays:RIP, good Sir.Reply
- DrDogsays:A true class act with a keen on events. A Mark Twain for our times.Reply
- LadyBucksays:Sad news, indeed….may he Rest In Peace.Reply
- Ned2says:A huge loss.
- Grogsays:Rest easy, Sir, you were appreciated by many.Here’s one of his many acerbic gems from a few years ago.**********************Remus’s notebook for 6 November 2015People love to go on and on about the ruder, baser senses, as though their ancient status connotes some sort of wisdom, or primacy above the more refined senses. I’m sure we’ve lost our ability to smell Wooly Mammoths a mile away. I do not regret the diminution of this faculty.**********************Reply
- Bear Claw Chris Lappsays:Truly heartbroken. Everything said about him will be spot on and more. I thank you for the notification. God Speed Remus you have joined your wife and all is well except for our sadness and loss of future education. May God bless all his family in this time of mourning.Reply
- Sam Damewoodsays:A great sadness as another much needed Citizen passes from the scene.Reply
- MWsays:Those of you who are amateur radio operators know this as “silent keys” & that term can apply to Remus. I live near the mountains where he resided & will always remember him & his great website that originated from these parts. Let’s keep Ole Remus in our hearts & memories as we prepare for the inevitable. Keep in mind, he was constantly warning us about it in almost every posting.Reply
- Dirksays:Remus and me, had been in communications almost daily since just before his wife’s passing. Yes He was a naval officer. Managed a larger business their in Philidelphia, his home was The Appalachia of Pensilvania, he shared many pics, and had just finished a SUV, for extended travel.Has two sons, and had been traveling to his wife’s care facility weekly, before she passed. Apparently that facility was a distance, took several hours one way. He made that trip often to be with her. he had many close friends in his area, and was a tea drinker.Remus was sharp as a tack, another Limbaugh, I will commit our email exchanges to a disc, I valued his wisdom, and his humble approach. A giant among men.God speed sir! Your now with your first and second wife, of whom you shared wonderful stories with me about. Thank you for your friendship, your wisdom.DirkReply
- Lukesays:Very sad news. His wit and wisdom will be missed by all. Rest In Peace.Reply
- Animal Mothersays:Worst case scenario. The WP Report page calmed me down a few times when I was frothing.
Loved the old ads from the real America and paintings and wisdom.
Great thinkers are few and far between but we can carry the torch.
A dear auntie passed of renal failure after her husband shuffled off of this mortal coil but we knew it was actually caused by a broken heart.Reply
- Ralphsays:There can be no higher tribute to the man and his memory than to embrace his wisdom, and act accordingly. Goodbye “ol Remus, as in God Be With You.And if he shared with you certain aspects of his life, please, respect his privacy. I have, and you should too. Everything he wanted the world to know, he published….and much to our benefit.