Better tyranny through political medicine.
AuthorConcerned AmericanPosted on
7 thoughts on “Closer”
- Watchmansays:I’ve seen it written many times lately, but Tuesday’s won’t be the same. For 9 years I’d visit Woodpile Report, and read over it throughout the day. I’d content myself the remainder of the week with View from the Right, Sipsey Street, WeaponsMan, and WRSA. Over the years, as the voices have fallen silent, I’d more and more looked forward to Ol’ Remus’ musings.Thank God you were able to get a new blog going. When WRSA got hit a few weeks ago I just about threw my phone out of the window.
Your work here is appreciated, more and more each day.Reply
- jptsays:What he said.Reply
- Randysays:National Treasure lost. It is now for us others to step it up. When one of us goes down, pick up the battle standard and carry on.Reply
- Matt Brackensays:Remus gave his last full measure to get us primed and set for the struggle ahead.Nobody can do any more than that.This is a multi-generational war. Most of us will not live to see the end of it.It’s the fighting (including providing intel, ammunition, logistics to the fighters etc) that matters.Nothing else.Reply
- Bobosays:I tell my kids as a constant refrain:Stay Away From CrowdsRIP, Remus.Reply
- Gruntsays:My ole Woodpile Report. The paintings at the beginning, ad in the middle, and often times the old war pic or scene of a small town from another age at the bottom of the page right over the monitor adjustment scale. The scale kinda clued you in to it being the conclusion, like porky pig waving goodbye stuttering “that’s all folks”. They were a classy addition to the links to sites with occasional pithy commentary. Think I may go back and revisit the old editions just for those. You will be missed Remus.Reply
- Sassanachsays:The new Woodpile was usually the main reason I looked forward to Tuesdays. No, they won’t be the same now.
I can’t recall encountering anyone as erudite on such a broad range of subjects. I hope his passing was peaceful.
And I will be avoiding crowds.Reply