Real Men Do Cry

Thoughts from Frank and Fern

Experiences from country living; self-sufficiency; Christian values; amateur-ham radio; a hard working good life; and Humor is the Essence of Survival.The Road Home
There is no place like home.

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Hello Everybody, Frank here.

Do real men cry? Let’s address that issue.

Now, this is being addressed from a male’s perspective, so if you’re going to take issue with it because you’re coming from a female perspective, or a snowflake perspective, please continue reading, you might find something of moderate value.

Do men cry? Absolutely. Let’s say you have a good friend die, old, young, it doesn’t make any difference. Is it okay to cry? Sure it is. If it’s your little girl’s wedding day and you’re passing her hand from a loving, caring daddy to that brutal, barbarian about to receive it, of course it’s okay to cry, because you know your daughter is going to a safe home. If you’re giving her hand to a limp wrist snowflake, it’s still okay to cry, and you know why. When you drop off your child at school for the first day, it’s okay. When you listen to our National Anthem and your eyes get misty. There are lots of times it’s okay to cry.

So let’s go ahead and get this issue out of the way. Do real men cry? Absolutely. Real men are not ashamed or afraid to cry. Some people would say, hogwash, that real men don’t cry. The guys that say stupid crap like that watched too many John Wayne movies when they were little, or whatever the current equivalent is now. Don’t get me wrong, I love John Wayne movies, but John Wayne was an actor. He played roles that we as men associate with.

Something a little personal here. For years, when I was younger, I would cry on Veteran’s Day. Sometimes I would cry for a long time. Now I am 70 years old and bunch of men my age died in Vietnam. I used to cry that day. November 11th. It’s still a special day to me, but I haven’t cried in years.

I wonder if I will cry in the future when I realize that my country is gone. Do you think there will be a holiday celebrating the defeat of America? Maybe there will. Maybe there won’t.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are losing our country. I didn’t cry on Veteran’s Day when I was a child. I didn’t cry on November 11th until after my first time serving my country, and I did not serve in Vietnam. I have never cried before a funeral or before a wedding. So, am I going to cry after we lose our country? Who knows.

Here at this site, Thoughts From Frank and Fern, we’ve talked about gardens, dogs, cats, radios – ham radios that is, and we’ve talked a lot about the collapse of our society. We’ve talked about dark clouds on the horizon, the wolf at the door, brace for impact. And yes, we, you and I, have talked about these things. We also talked a great deal about preparedness, things we’re going to need. So, we’ve talked about lots of things here.

If you are not prepared for the wolf at the door, you are not going to be prepared. Most supplies needed for preparedness are out of stock and have been for months. It is too late. Do I need to stay that again? No, just back up and reread the last couple of sentences. If you’re one of those type that’s going to go buy a gun and go steal from Grandma, good luck on finding a gun or ammunition, because Grandma has hers.

But as you probably know, you’re not going to be buying any bulk food either. You’re not going to be buying land either. The cost of land has skyrocketed. If you’re going to go live with your prepared cousin, you had better make sure you are welcome. What are you going to bring to the table?

I know there are people that can’t leave where they are. I know there are people that don’t have the means to buy extra food, they live paycheck to paycheck. I read an article a couple of weeks back about a guy that was going to install a solar system right before this thing goes down. Is this the same guy that’s going to buy wheat and bandaids and bullets?

Moving on. We have a virus shutting down our country. Is it real? Yes, the virus is real. So is the flu, the common cold, heart disease, diabetes, all of these things are real, but we have not shut our country down for all of them except one. Everyday a major agency somewhere issues a different story about effects, numbers and how to deal with this virus. Are we getting the truth? No. There is no truth. How can it change everyday? We can kid ourselves to believe that there is new and improved research, and there probably is in some cases.

Do you believe the lies? Have we ever been lied to before in history? Do we need to go down the list? Oh, let’s see. The Kennedy assassination, the Gulf of Tonkin, 9/11, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and the list goes on and on and on. We are being lied to every day, every single day.

Moving on again. Our government has tried to overthrow our current president for four years now. They, “the government”, has projected lie after lie with no proof, just accusation. I can’t see where that is going to change, but I can see where it will accelerate dramatically. Look at the rioting. Look at some of the decisions the mayors and governors are making. Who is controlling these people? Many of these elected officials have obviously sold their souls. They are going to do anything and everything they can to stop, infiltrate, change, cancel, distort, pick any word you want. They are going to try to affect the results of the upcoming presidential election. Write that one down boys and girls.

We talked months ago about the long, hot summer coming. We now have an active virus shutting us down. If you want to, call it a bioweapon. We have rioting in several cities. Read for yourself, find out what is happening, it’s happened before. They’ve disrupted churches, the educational system, the workplace, medical facilities, transportation, entertainment, the supply chain of everything including food. Ponder these things.

Do real men cry? Our country is dying. They are winning. The election will be disrupted. I’m not crying yet, but I can certainly see where we are going, and for that I will cry.

There are so many examples of evil happening our world right now. It’s not just in our country. What is happening here is an orchestrated event, it’s controlled. These people are very well organized. They have been practicing on citizens of the planet for decades. We are about to lose our freedom. We’ve been losing it for years and we’ve done nothing, therefore, history tells us that we’re going to do nothing. I can go on and on, and so can you.

It’s been a while since we’ve talked. There really isn’t anything to say. Some people say, I don’t want to know all these bad things, so I don’t watch the news. Fair enough. But that doesn’t mean the events aren’t happening just because someone chooses not to watch them. We both know that the vast majority of news is a lie.

Yes, real men cry. And so do real women. I don’t think this is salvageable. I don’t know what it’s going to look like in the future. I do know that these issues cannot be resolved. There is too large of a divide between massive groups in our country. If you can get prepared, do so. If it means opening your mind and seeing what’s happening, be aware.

So you don’t think we can lose our country? Ask King George. A very small group of people, some say 1%, some say 3%, took, from an advanced military, the colonies at that time. So, can a small group of people take something from a large group of people? Absolutely. Do the majority of people support the rioting and the fighting going on in congress? Does it make any difference? We have lost. The other side is practicing everyday, refining their skills. They have the laws on their side. You can’t criticize, it’s against the law. Don’t think it’s not going to happen, because it’s happening right now, everyday in front of our eyes. I’m sorry. Maybe now I’ll go cry.

In about 60 days things are going to change, and if you think things are bad now, just wait, it’s going to be a very hot summer. I think you understand what I mean.

Please comment. Fern and I are doing fine. We’ve tried to make some final preparations. Don’t get on the bus. Prepare your mind to do the unthinkable. Give your spouse a kiss, tell everyone you love them, and enjoy the times we have left.

When you kneel down tonight to pray to God, ask Him to bless our country.

We’ll talk more later, FrankPosted by Frank and Fern at 1:01 PM Labels: American dreamAmericanscongresscontrolFrank FeralGodgovernmentlie

26 comments:

1. chipmunkAugust 30, 2020 at 3:27 PMSo much evil and wickedness, and they’re not even trying to hide it any more. I am stressed beyond belief. Just putting one foot in front of the other, trying to top off preps, and praying A LOT. All I can think of to do now is to throw myself on the mercy of God.ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 30, 2020 at 7:57 PMHi, Chipmunk.

We have that same discussion in this house about they’re not even trying to hide it anymore. What concerns me even more is we have a large portion of society that seems to think that they are right in what they do. Remember, in the last election, they won the popular vote. There is a whole lot of people out there that want what they offer. It’s not just a bunch of those baddddd politicians, it’s the people. That is my concern.

Frank
  2. CWfromIowaAugust 30, 2020 at 4:06 PMFrank and Fern…good to hear from you once again and know you are doing well. While things still feel fairly normal in our area, we are fully aware that the Big Boot/Shoe is about to drop.

Our garden only provided about one third of what we normally receive. Our fruit trees are providing little fruit as well. Our corn and beans started off looking wonderful, however we have watched them dry up with the extreme drought. We are in an area approximately 12 inches short of normal precipitation. Harvest generally begins the third week of September, but we will most likely start this week. Also had damage from the Derecho that went through on August 10th.

I have the feeling that there will be many who will cry and weep as we go further down the road of destruction. I would recommend, as you often have done, not getting on the bus.

Stay strong and pray often, CW

ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 30, 2020 at 8:00 PMHi CW. Our garden also produced poorly this year. We don’t have a reason why, but in our area most gardens produced poorly. We think it has to do with the solar minimum.

It’s always good to hear your reports about grain production. Some are talking about the possibility of food shortages, especially animal feed shortages.

Take care, and thanks for your comment.

Frank
  3. AnonymousAugust 30, 2020 at 4:09 PMSo sad but true. We have lost our country. Some years ago you told us this would happen. You even mentioned a pandemic as a good possibility. At that time I just discounted that. I never dreamed we would have a pandemic much less a man-made one. After all we have the best meds in the world. Yeah, right. I’ve thought of other articles you and Fern wrote before 2016, You were so right on the money back then about what was coming. Dec 25, 2015 You said we would have a war and posed the questions would it be between Americans and foreigners? Religions in this country and other countries? Based on the color or one person’s skin? The rich and poor? You also listed other groups and you answered no to each of these. You said it would be ALL of these. Very good prophetic call. It will be worth your while to reread “The Line Has Been Drawn” Dec 25, 2015.
    Because of your warnings we are in a pretty good place with our preps, but, as Fern has asked “what will you do when the preps are gone?”
    Thanks for your warnings over the years and yes if you haven’t heeded them it’s too late. BJ in GA
    ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 30, 2020 at 8:03 PMHi, BJ. Thank you for your kind words. We are in trouble.

We went back and reread the Christmas article. Many people have seen this coming for years. It’s just this time, it is right in our face and I’m afraid it will snowball out of control come November.

I don’t know what to say anymore. Thank you for sharing.

Frank
    2. AnonymousAugust 31, 2020 at 8:09 AMHow can I find the Christmas article?
    3. Frank and FernAugust 31, 2020 at 8:38 AMhttps://thoughtsfromfrankandfern.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-line-has-been-drawn.html
  4. MattAugust 30, 2020 at 4:19 PMIf at all possible, do what Ol’ Remus used to say.

“Stay away from crowds”.ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 30, 2020 at 8:07 PMHi, Matt. By all means, stay away from crowds.

Speaking of Ol’ Remus. I believe he is sitting on a creek somewhere watching the leaves change color with is 22magnum at his side. And I truly hope that he is happy.

If he is reading this, and I’m sure he is, I truly, truly wish him the best.

Frank
    2. CWfromIowaAugust 30, 2020 at 9:29 PMFrank, it is my understanding that Ol’ Remus passed away sometime in June…what a loss of a wise man. I miss his weekly reports.
    3. Frank and FernAugust 30, 2020 at 9:55 PMCW, thank you. I want to believe that Ol’ Remus decided to retire. I am aware of the posting of his demise.

He and I shared a couple of emails and twice he featured an article of ours which was one of the highlights of my writing experience. He appeared scholarly, extremely knowledgeable, proper and an overall good man.

Do you remember the stories he would tell about his screen door? It was a while back. I want to believe that he is retired, and since he read our blog, I know he is reading this.

4. CWfromIowaAugust 30, 2020 at 10:01 PMI think you are correct…he most likely retired.
      I am not familiar with his screen door stories. Maybe they will be made available again in the future. I know he did have some troubles with his computer and past reports. Thank you, Frank.
    5. North GA Home and GardenAugust 31, 2020 at 5:05 AMMany of them are archived at: https://woodpilereport.lundissimo.info/
  5. VickiAugust 30, 2020 at 4:25 PMFrank…I don’t know what to do any more. I am too feeble these days to whoop anyone’s backside and way too old to take a beating. I have talked to those who believe all will be well and to those who see no need to prepare, to no avail. I can write a pretty good rant, but then I am mostly preaching to the choir. Our world has become upside down and sideways.

I weep for my grands who will likely never know what peace is. Or what it is like to go where they want, do what they want within the law or say what they want without repercussions.

These days find me preparing as much as I can as soon as I can while I still can. Every conversation with family ends with the words, “I love you.” And I find that prayer is ongoing.

God help us all.ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 30, 2020 at 8:10 PMVicki, it’s a pleasure to hear from you. It’s comforting to know that there are those with a solid foundation as the world is spinning in free fall. Fern thoroughly enjoys reading your thoughts. She shares with me what you’re up to.

Keep your head about you, because not everybody can see what’s coming. There are days that I wish that I didn’t, but I’m truly glad that I do.

Godspeed, Frank
  6. MarkAugust 30, 2020 at 6:06 PMI agree with all you have said. I do feel scared like many, but always remember to “Never Give Up”. Keep doing all you can to prepare and move forward in the fight against evil. Fight against those not wanting to be a part of the America We all know & love. Many of us out here are much older than most. No matter what, do what you can and listen to the writings of Frank & Fern. “Never Give Up”.
    God Bless you all. God Bless our country and those of us standing up for what is right.
    ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 30, 2020 at 8:14 PMHi, Mark. Thank you for the comment.

There are lots of older folks that read and share on this blog. Most of the comments are courteous and polite. We don’t always agree, but the comments are almost always civil and courteous. It’s too bad the rest of the world isn’t that way.

There are times it would be easy to give up. I’ve thought about it. But you’re right, “Never Give Up”.

Bless you, too. Frank
  7. North GA Home and GardenAugust 31, 2020 at 5:04 AMThings are definitely not looking good, and I do not anticipate a long-term political solution. For the most part I think I’m able to take things as they are and not focus too much on what could have / should have been. That being said, people who feel under-prepared for adversity can still improve their position somewhat. We’ve been in a little bit of a lull for the last couple of months where some things have almost returned to what we think of as normal (it may take some effort to find what you want, but it can often be done). Some critical components (like pressure canners)are in short supply. One can do pre-orders with some merchants, wait, and hope for the best…

However, it is true that people who have nothing at this point are in a very difficult position even if they can find a few items. It takes a lot of trial, error, and practice to build the skills to do the kinds of things one might feel a need to be able to do going forward. Blogs like yours and those of many of your readers are important resources. People who have some resiliency in their lives are less susceptible to faustian bargains because they have alternatives.

ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 31, 2020 at 10:54 AMNorth GA, good morning.

I had a friend contact me recently and ask what do I do? I told him on your way to work, stop by the store and buy some canned and dry items that you normally eat. On your way home, do the same thing. Do it everyday. If you need to, go to a different store.

This is a way to start. In a short period of time, you might have a months worth of food. That’s a whole lot better than your little boy looking at you saying, “Daddy, I’m hungry.”

Buy what you eat, eat what you buy. There are ways.

While you’re at it, learn a new needed skill and practice it. YouTube is a good place. But you’ve got to practice.

I told him always keep your gas tank full. Tell your family everyday that you love them. “Daddy, I’m hungry” are words you do not want to hear.

Thank you for your comment. Frank
  8. the canned quilterAugust 31, 2020 at 8:00 AMLike you I fear the future but have not lost hope. God Bless!ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 31, 2020 at 10:47 AMCQ, as long as we are breathing, we have hope. If we’re not breathing, then we are in a different place. Since we are having this conversation, there is always hope.

Never quit! Never give up! And don’t get on the bus.

Have a good day, Frank
  9. AnonymousAugust 31, 2020 at 10:03 AMScared? Nope, I know that the Lord has my back all I have to do is keep my eyes on him. Eager for his return!!ReplyReplies
    1. Frank and FernAugust 31, 2020 at 10:45 AMHi. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

In the parable of the 10 virgins, half were prepared, half weren’t. Half got to go in and be with the Master, half didn’t. God has ordained me with the responsibility to prepare for my household. I do not take that responsibility lightly.

I recommend all prepare. Spiritually and temporally.

10. UnknownAugust 31, 2020 at 11:05 AMHi Frank and Fern. I’ve continued to read your blog, but it’s been a while since I’ve commented. Our family has been doing everything we can to prepare for what lies ahead. There are some extended family members that ignore what’s happening around them, and hopefully they will open their eyes soon. I pray God is merciful to us all, but it is soulfully painful to watch as our human race changes so radically. God help us all.
  11. bornfreevAugust 31, 2020 at 12:27 PMFrank, what you may not realize is that “the others” are very afraid, too.

And, just for my own curiosity – if everything is a “lie” what will going out and voting do? No one will believe the results no matter which side “wins”.

Author: Alfred E. Neuman

EDITOR ONLY, 74 year old geek, ultra-conservative patriot.